Monday, August 5, 2013

The take away from the Taiwan Trip


8 days and 7 nights, a short trip I would call and it's tiring but it's fruitful. Why? I think I've learned quite a lot even its just a short trip.

Many would say, what can U learn by travelling? Actually travelling can let us know more about the culture of the other nations and see what they doing and learn from them! After all, I would like to share some of my experience and learning right here no matter its good or bad. 

The Kitty Land
This country loves Hello Kitty so much! They have everything about Hello Kitty! From the toys in McDonalds, facial tissue with Hello Kitty, Masks with Hello Kitty packaging and even Diapers with Hello Kitty packaging, Landyard and more! The best part is even EVA Air has Kitty Plane too!
Its so crazy until I can address Taiwan as Hello Kitty Land! 


Traffic
1st thing I notice about Taiwan is their traffic. The driver seat is at the left side of the vehicle and they are driving at right lane instead of left lane. 
2nd thing is their traffic light. The traffic here is a bit weird especially the traffic light for pedestrian. The traffic light is green for the car to make a turn but its green for the pedestrian to cross the street also. As a Malaysian, we will always wait for the car to stop even the signal light is green but in Taiwan, they will still cross the road and the car will stop for them just like things in UK. Even though its a bit scary, but seems like nothing bad had happen under my observation. LoL.. 
As you can see in the pic, the pedestrian have the right to go 1st and maybe that's the reason why we are puzzled when crossing the road. Don't really think that this happens in Malaysia.

Food
The food here wasn't that special, personally still prefer the food in Malaysia. 1 thing that I noticed here is that the food here wasn't too oily even it's a fried chicken. On the other hand, The KFC there was not as popular as what it is in Malaysia and the KFC there was good too! Though it looks pale but the taste of their Original Fried Chicken is awesome!
1 thing to add is that to all my fellow Malaysian, please be reminded that the fast food restaurant in Taiwan doesn't provide Chilli Sauce so pls bring ur own sambal belacan. LoL..

Other than that, I was thinking that I wanted to try the original Oyster Mee Sua in Taiwan but sadly, the original Ah Chung Mee Sua shop is not selling Oyster Mee Sua but actually is Pig Cologne Mee Sua. The taste of it was good but just that a little bit disappointed as I can't get oyster but pig cologne.
 Hot Star fried chicken wasn't really surprising as well, the taste of it is just about the same as the one in Malaysia. 
Surpirsingly, the McDonalds in Taiwan is not serving pork and the only fast food restaurant that serves pork is Subway. Subway serves pork bacon with egg for their breakfast. 

7-11 
This is a must go place when you go to Taiwan, the drinks there will make you drool! Look at the picture! They have lots of variety and very nice packaging as well as very nice taste.
If U were to ask me whether what do I miss the most in Taiwan, I think my answer will be the beverages is Taiwan!

They do have some fruit beers as well and the beer taste good too! 


Salary
I'm not sure about the other industry in Taiwan but the retailing industries there seems like paying quite well. As what I saw from Feng Jia, they are hiring a shopkeeper which the pay will range from NTD30,000-NTD50,000 which is about RM3,200 to RM5,300. I think those fresh grad in Malaysia wouldn't get such a good pay in Malaysia unless you join the some of the bank in Malaysia. I'm not sure whether how expensive is the rental there but I think RM3,200 and with the food price there is good enough to survive! 

The Best thing that I learn from Taiwan
The best thing that I learn from them is their retailing sector. 1st their attitude is good, they will try not to let you feel that U r being ignored by greeting you and asking you to try their product even you are not buying. I know that this is 1 of the tactic to lure you but isn't it a very good attitude?

On the other hand, they are quite good in value adding. How? I think they work really hard on their branding  and put lots of effort on the packaging. The bottles of their "milk tea" is so pretty until I feels like bringing it home to serve as collection. 

After getting to know about the good attitude, packaging and also value adding, how can I apply all these good value on my own as well as my job? Ermm.. Something important to think about. LoL..

P/s: to those who are interested whether where did I visited in Taiwan, you are welcome to click on the link below YZTiandi  or go to  http://www.yztiandi.blogspot.com/
Thanks!



No comments:

Stay VIGILANT!

US Market has been doing well last week, however, its always important to stay cautious.  Stay VIGILANT! DJIA  DJI closed higher over the we...